MUREE is a European Tempus project to develop, integrate, accredit and evaluate a quality bachelor degree programme in Renewable Energy in Jordan with an appropriate laboratory component jointly taught by universities in Jordan, in accordance with the Bologna process. To ensure that universities in Jordan are placed in a position to offer quality education compatible with European standards and meets socio-economic needs of the emerging knowledge-based society by strengthening renewable energy teaching in order to graduate professional leaders who can meet market needs of the country. Its direct aim is to enhance the capacity and enable Jordanian partner universities to develop sustainable renewable energy bachelor programmes with state-of-of-the-art educational technologies. MUREE will thus contribute to a sustainable outcome that will promote curriculum reform in engineering education and leave a longer-term legacy for Jordanian universities. .
The specific objectives of MUREE are:
1. Develop, integrate, accredit and evaluate a bachelor degree program with an appropriate laboratory component in renewable energy jointly taught by universities in Jordan and brought into line with the Bologna requirements.
2. Engage faculty in the development of interactive instruction techniques for lectures and laboratory courses and sharing experiences with EU partner universities.
3. Develop and implement course content using virtual learning environment (VLE) delivery and remote labs.
4. Extend services and training in collaboration with the local and regional industry and community.
5. Improve the human capacity of Jordanian universities by providing training and upgrading opportunities in the EU for aspiring young, men and women academic members of staff.
6. Promote curriculum reform in engineering education and leave a longer-term legacy for Jordanian universities.